Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I met my cousin Jana!

While I was searching online for sources for James and Jane, I found a cousin!  There are several people researching J & J and I emailed nearly all of them.  One day I got an email from Jana.  We corresponded for several emails when I finally asked where she fit into the Bruce/Jenkins line.  Her relative is Mahala Caroline Bruce Weeks, sister to my great grandmother Mary Elizabeth Bruce Radley. What a wonderful find!  But that is not all.  Oh no, that is not all.  Jana lives 25 miles from me.  What could be better?  Well, what is better is that Jana is a family history aficionado also. 

We made an appointment to meet at the SLC FHL last Wed to get to know each other and to try to find more on our James and Jane Bruce.  We must have looked at a million books.  We found a few peripheral relatives but so far not a father for either James or Jane. 

We did find a book about Greenberry Jenkins.  This is the relative of the Lewis Jenkins whom people think is Jane's father.  It seems this may be of help in our search.  Jana and I will look this material over and make some theories at some point. But today I'm playing with some of my old lady friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment