Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Queries about James and Jane on GenForum

Last night I posted many queries about our James and Jane on Bruce sites, Jenkins sites, Pendleton and Anderson County sites, South Carolina and Georgia sites and so on.  Today I got a message from a J Bruce.  I asked if he knew where I could find sources.  I was so excited to get a response from someone.  He said he was researching James I, James II and James III and would get back to me.  I thanked him and then I sent our information about James Bruce Sr.'s will and James Bruce's (born about 1718)  marriage and asked if it might be a possibility he was married before.  I found online another possible marriage before Margaret McMahan, to a Margaret Weir or Wier.  Possibly Margaret Weir died in Scotland and perhaps their first-born was James Bruce Sr born about 1741.  The place of his birth is in question in the family histories online.  Some think it was in VA and some wonder if it was in Scotland.  If he had a different mother that might explain the vagueness surrounding his birth. 

My cousin Jana sent me photos of Frank Carter Bruce and George S Bruce.  I am going to post them on the blog. 
Have a good day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment