Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bruce Family DNA Project

I'm getting desperate.  Cousin Jana and I have searched so many books and film for records of James' and Jane's parents, finding essentially nothing.  Well, not entirely true.  We have found collateral information about the Bruces and Jenkins.  We are waiting for the two pieces of information, their parents', to move forward.  We don't want to assume the collateral information is correct until we find the parents. 

I went away for 5 days, on Merlin's last drive for Cargill Meats.  We went to ID, MT, WA, OR, ID and back home.  I didn't take my laptop because I thought I needed a break from all the cerebral activities with research.  Then I had nightmares, thinking I had found ancestors and couldn't document them because I didn't have my laptop.  Boy, I really did need a break.  We had so much fun. Merlin is retired now.  I'm so glad.

Before I left, it came to me to see if there were any male Bruces' from James' and Jane's descendents and see if they would get have their DNA tested, if I paid.  Jana thought this was a good idea and offered to help pay.  So, I've been posting notes online, here and there, trying to find a male Bruce from their line.  Here's hoping. I have wondered if people might think it was an intrusion into their privacy to ask for their DNA.  That is a real possibility.  But I still think it's worth a try.  I found out about the DNA testing for the Bruce line at: http://www.brucefamily.com/ .  Looks promising to me.  Women can't be tested for identifying which Bruce we come from as I understand it. 

That is my report. 
AW

No comments:

Post a Comment